Lack & Sons Funeral Home was founded in 1916 by Stephen D. Lack near Western Avenue and 23rd Place in Chicago. Stephen C. Lack opened a funeral home in Palos Hills in 1967 and moved the original home to West 69th Street in Chicago. The current Lack & Sons Funeral Home in Hickory Hills was opened by the current generation, James Lack and Ronald Lack in 1987.
Both Jim and Ron Lack have been very active in both towns as Palos Hills City Clerk, Palos Hills Police Pension Board, President of Palos Hills Chamber and officers in Hickory Hills Chamber. In addition, Jim and Ron are active in both Sacred Heart and St. Patricia Churches.
Lack & Sons Funeral Home provides services for all ethnic and religious denominations as well as cremation, scientific donations, international shipping, public-aid and pre-arrangements. The public is invited to visit the newly remodeled chapel, meet them and their staff, receive brochures and information at any time.